Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hard- and software hassle!

There’s only one thing I regret about being self-employed, and that is the need to source and sort out my own hard- and software – cars, computers, phones etc. I’m upgrading and re-organising various bits of essential office equipment right now, and am undergoing the frustrations of things just not working first time, or unexpected glitches turning up.

The one supplier service I never bemoan having is access to people who fix my computer. The guys at Soluxion www.soluxion.com look after me and my hassles - with a will and a laugh which always helps to defuse the accumulated tension. Computers are central to my life now so it’s essential keep everything working in synch.

Funnily enough, one of the outstanding improvements to work life when I went freelance in 1990 was getting my own computor for the first time, and no longer being dependant on the whims of typists to get my reports finished. Thank goodness computers have got more reliable and faster since those days.

No comments: